I'm writing this cause I miss someone....a GREAT deal....as corny as it may sound..he was my oak....he was my pillar of strength....my confidante....and he was....most importantly...MY FRIEND.....
Sure...I was pissed off when I was D last person to learn of his terminal condition...but I gotta admit.....judging by the way I reacted....who could have blamed him..?? Especially when I thought of what great lenghths he took on HOW to actually break the bad news to me....
There's NO two way about it...the only description that fits him perfectly is....A BEAUTIFUL SOUL...even more beautiful now in his passing...wish I had more time..to be with him...to hold his hand....:( In all those years of knowin' him....he was like the brother I never had...we even shared the 'dirt'....and his parents and sister are the coolest...love you guys....hugzzz
A few months back...when I was made aware of his condition...I had learned sumtin which troubled me...(courtesy of his mom...he never breathed a word bout it...especially to me..)he had collapsed at work...so when I saw him...he was actually on bedrest....he was his usual cheeky complacent self, nevertheless...His mom was taking it rather badly...as I was leavin'...his mom grabbed me n hugged me ever so tightly...n whispered(between her sobs)sumtin which I wish she hadnt....
"You are his best gurl..." and I was like...
"But aunty....we were never an item..." and she looked at me in the eyes and said...
"I know my son...and I know his every thought and feelings..."
I felt so numb....and I cried the entire time on the flight home....till the dude next to me freaked out and called the stewardess....
We were all well aware that his chances were minutely slim....but we hoped....at least...I did....guess that's why I'm still in denial....His last words for me that he had relayed through his sis...I would cherish as long as I'm with the living...
" Live your life...Be fearless...n I love u...."
"Love you too, Ed...." :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment